Reading is very important at Shortbrook Primary; we know that much research has shown that children who read regularly at home perform better at school. Our Reading Ambassadors provide a children’s voice in how we promote reading throughout the school.
Reading Ambassadors are chosen for their love of reading, their willingness to share this passion with others and enthusiasm to promote
reading throughout the school.
Reading Ambassador Roles:
- Part of the job of the reading ambassador is to encourage others in their class to read.
- Read and share stories with the younger children in school. Talk to them about the importance of reading.
- Share book reviews and recommendations with their classes.
- Complete library audits to find out what books, genres, dictionaries and thesauruses are needed to support reading.
- Help with Reading Events across the school.
- Help create displays to promote reading within school.