Shortbrook Primary School
Reception Teacher/Early Years Lead
Main Pay Scale/UPS + Permanent TLR (2A)
Are you an outstanding teacher with proven leadership qualities?
Are you an outstanding teacher, currently looking for a leadership opportunity?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and inspirational Early Years Leader, to continue to develop the good practice in our FS1 and FS2 classes.
Shortbrook Primary School is a friendly and welcoming school, where we are passionate about providing the best possible education for our children.
Applications are invited from someone who:
- will show a full support of the school’s ethos and be prepared to develop a secure understanding of the nature of our school.
- is an excellent classroom practitioner that is passionate about teaching and learning and creating an environment that is engaging, happy and fulfilling for all pupils
- has an excellent understanding of the importance of the development of early reading and writing.
- has a secure knowledge of the teaching and learning strategies of phonics and strategies to encourage rich language acquisition.
- is keen to develop and grow leadership skills though this role.
- will be committed to collaborative working, leading and motivating a team.
- has excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
What the school offers its staff
We can offer you:
- A small, friendly and inclusive school with a strong positive ethos where everyone is valued and treated with respect
- The chance to positively impact on children’s learning
- Fantastic children who are eager to learn
- Our commitment to your personalised professional development
- A leadership team focused on improving standards and who will challenge you to be your best
- Friendly and dedicated staff who are committed to the wellbeing of our pupils
- A supportive Governing body
Applicants are strongly encouraged to visit the school to see first-hand what the wonderful pupils, community and staff team have to offer.
Please contact our Business Manager, Carol Boothroyd at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0114 2482497
Visits are welcome on the following dates and times:-
Monday 27th March at 9.30am
Tuesday 28th March at 9.00am or 3.30pm
Thursday 30th March at 9.30am
Monday 17th April at 9.30am and 3.30pm
Wednesday 19th April at 9.30am or 2.30pm
If you are unable to attend any of these dates, please still enquire and we will do our very best to accommodate your needs.
- If you would like to discuss the role further please contact Mrs Sarah Hearnshaw by email to email@example.com or by calling the school on 0114 2482497.
- An application form and other supplementary forms and further details are available on the school website : https://www.shortbrookprimaryschool.org/job-vacancies.
- Please return your Sheffield City Council Application Form, Schools Criminal Records Declaration Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form to Carol Boothroyd at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications on any other form and CVs will not be considered.
Closing Date is: Friday 21st April
Shortlisting will take place on : Monday 24th April
Interview will take place on: Friday 28th April
- We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
- We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
- The Council is not responsible or accepts liability to the reader, for information included in this job advert. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to the school.