Promoting Fundamental British Values.
Our school is committed to actively promoting British values to ensure that our pupils leave school fully prepared for life in modern Britain.
The government emphasises that all schools should ensure that they teach pupils about British values of:
- The rule of law
- Individual liberty
- Mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths and beliefs
We take every opportunity to promote these values, and to ensure our pupils:
- Understand the democratic process and how citizens can have a say in decision making.
- Recognise the advantages of living under the rule of law and how law is essential for a safe society.
- Understand that there is a separation of power between the executive and the judiciary and why it exists.
- Understand that the freedom to hold varying faiths and beliefs, including no religious faith, is protected in law, and that it is vital to accept people who have different faiths and beliefs without discriminating against them in any way.
- Value the importance of identifying and combatting extremism.
We promote British values both within and beyond the classroom and these values are at the heart of our ethos.