About our Nursery
At Shortbrook Nursery and Primary School, learning is about much more than simply imparting knowledge, therefore we use modern teaching methods to suit the individual learning needs of our students and build teamwork and a sense of social responsibility. Our classrooms are well-equipped, enabling the use of different teaching styles. We believe that it is vital to provide individual support for every student.
At Shortbrook we offer free places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds. Our waiting list is open all year round and you can register your child from birth.
Nursery Opening Times
From Monday 8th March our Nursery sessions are changing. The children will attend from 8.30am - 12.15pm Monday to Thursday. Nursery will be closed on Fridays.
Why choose Shortbrook Primary School?
Shortbrook Nursery offers a safe, caring and happy environment which encourages children to learn through play and make friends. Our nursery aims to support each child to thrive and achieve.
Our key areas include:
- Communication and listening skills
- Personal and social development
- Creative and physical development
Why should I consider using a nursery when I can look after my own child?
Research shows that it is good for children. Good quality education can
- Improve childrens' development
- Help them learn to socialise with other children and make friends
- Help them begin to feel ready for school
- Give them access to exciting places to play and new activities including messy play.