This term children will be learning about:
· Rocks and Soils!
· Different types of rocks.
· How rocks are formed.
· Investigate rocks.
· Ask scientific questions and start to think scientifically about rocks and soils.
In maths we will be:
· Learning all about place value!
· In year 3, children will be learning the place value of digits in a 3 digit number.
· In year 4, children will be learning the place value of digits in a 4 digit number.
· Reading and writing numbers in digits and words.
Our topic this term is ‘The Stone Age’.
Children will learn all about the Stone Age. They will start to understand what life was like for the earliest settlers and start to understand how the hunter gatherers lived.
· Writing a setting description of Narnia.
· Writing a character description of the evil White Witch from Narnia.
· Taking part in whole class reading lessons by studying Narnia.
Practising their spellings in our new daily spelling lesson
Shortbrook Primary School
Your call will be answered by:
Mrs K Wileman /
Mrs C Boothroyd
8.00am - 4.30pm
Monday - Friday