Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- To descibe ourselves in positive terms and talk about abilities
- To work as part of a group or class and to understand and follow the rules
- Takes steps to resolve conflicts with other children, e.g. finding a compromise
- To talk about our own feelings and consider how other people might be feeling
- We will learn about the following celebrations
- Chinese New Year
- Pancake Day
- St Patrick's Day
- Morther's Day
Communication and Language
- Begin to understand and appropriately answer 'why' and 'how' questions
- Extend their vocabulary and explore the meaning and sounds of new words
- Listen to stories, accurately anticipating key events and respond to what they hear with relevant comments, questions or actions
This term children must bring their reading book in each day. This has changed from last term.
Please ensure that you write in the reading book diary at least once a week and read with your child as often as possible.
- PE is now on Monday afternoons
- We will follow a 'Wake Up & Shake Up' dance routine every Wednesday lunch time
- Continue to strengthen our fingers by building, cutting, using play dough, drawing, painting and using tools such as tweezers. This will help us form our letters
- To follow anticlockwise movements and retrace vertical lines when writing letters
- To talk about and follow safety precautions inside and outside the classroom.
Hearing sounds and blending
- All the children in reception should be starting to hear sounds in words and blend them together, such as, c-a-t, cat.
- Playing regular shourt games will help this. For example, "I spy a b-o-x" The child blends the sounds to say box. "I'm thinking of a c-a-p." Child blends the sounds
together to say cap.